The Community College Research Center (CCRC), an interdisciplinary, internationally recognized research organization focused on the study of community colleges, is seeking a part-time project assistant to support all Center activities. CCRC office hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. The position is 15-19 hours per week and the work schedule requires a minimum of three days per week. Five days per week is preferred. The position reports to the Program Associate and Administrative Coordinator and begins immediately.
To Apply: Apply through the TC Human Resources web site TC Human Resources: CCRC Job Posting. In addition to their application, applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume, and a writing sample (1-2 pages).
- Answer, screen and forward incoming telephone calls, representing the Center to our funders, education leaders, government liaisons, policy makers, researchers and many others. 20%
- Maintain office and kitchen inventory, update order log accordingly; unpack, pack shipments and organize inventory; track inventory needs on Excel log. 25%
- Track shared calendar reservations for laptops, digital recorders, projector, two conference phone lines, conference and break rooms. Insure there are no double-booked reservations and that all equipment is accounted for and in optimal working order. 10%
- Resolve technological needs including maintenance and set-up of office equipment, assist Program Associate in troubleshooting computer hardware and software issues. 10%
- Monitor common areas and equipment within office (i.e. break room, printers, Quench water, etc.) and insure all are organized, clean and in working order. 10%
- Take care of mailings, filing, duplicating, office errands, and other tasks as needed. 5%
- Manage logistics and materials for meetings, seminars, and conferences in consultation with Administrative Coordinator. 5%
- Maintain clear organization of all publications and purge as directed. 10%
- Manage electronic mailing lists; enter and maintain data on online databases. 5%
- Support research teams with data entry as needed.
- Minimum of one year office/administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written skills as well as strong library skills.
- High level of problem-solving
- Excellent editing skills: candidate should be able to suggest revisions and make basic editorial and formatting changes to reports and papers.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and E-mail; resourceful about learning new programs as needed. (At least intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Gmail.)
- Experience with troubleshooting computer hardware and software problems.
- Reliable, responsible, detail oriented, highly organized, and demonstrated initiative.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively on several projects simultaneously, prioritize, and anticipate and meet deadlines.
- Teachers College student
- Recent Teachers College administrative experience with working knowledge of Purchasing and Accounts Payable procedures
- Working experience with an academic research organization
- Intermediate proficiency with Macintosh operating system